Latest Update on COVID | Date: 28th February 2020
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India has issued a consolidated travel advisory in view of CODID-19 as below:
In view of the spurt of cases being reported from China and other countries, travellers are advised the following:
- Indians are advised to refrain from travel to China. People travelling to China henceforth will be quarantined on return.
- Those planning a visit to India from China:
Indians are further advised to refrain from non-essential travel to the following countries:
- Existing visas (including eVisa already issued) are no longer valid for any foreign national travelling from China.
- Intending visitors may contact Embassy in Beijing ([email protected]) or the Consulates in Shanghai ([email protected]) and Guangzhou ([email protected]) to apply afresh for an Indian visa.
- The Indian Embassy in China continues to remain contactable 24X7 on two hotline numbers +86-1861-0952-903 and +86-1861-2083-629 and the dedicated email [email protected]. Indian nationals in need of any assistance may get in touch with the Embassy on these hotlines and email.
- Republic of Korea
- Islamic Republic of Iran
People coming from Republic of Korea, Iran and Italy or those having history of travel to these countries may be quarantined for 14 days on arrival to India. For any queries related to health, people may contact on Ministry of Health & Family Welfare 24*7 helpline number (+91-11-23978046) or email at ([email protected]
- Those having compelling reasons to travel to these countries should follow these simple public health measures at all times as under:
If you feel sick on flight, while traveling back to India:
- Observe good personal hygiene
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap
- Follow respiratory etiquettes - cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness, such as cough, runny nose etc.
- Avoid contact with live animals and consumption of raw/undercooked meats
- Avoid travel to farms, live animal markets or where animals are slaughtered
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as cough or runny nose
If you feel sick within a span of 28 days after return from COVID-19 affected areas:
- Inform the airlines crew about illness.
- Seek mask and the self-reporting format from the airline crew.
- Avoid close contact with family members or fellow travellers.
- Follow the directions of airline crew while disembarking.
- Immediately report facts to the Airport Health Office/Immigration Office and Helpline number (011-23978046) also.
- Follow the direction of the airport health officer or as issued by the helpline
- Immediately call the Helpline number (011-23978046) and follow the direction issued.
- Maintain effective self-isolation at home and with others.
- Observe good personal hygiene.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap.
- Follow respiratory etiquettes - cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Report the illness to the nearest health facility and also inform the treating doctor regarding your travel history
This is for kind information and necessary action please.